Braughing Local History Society Records Archive
The Parish of Braughing has been in existence for hundreds of years. Over the centuries the arrivals and departures of families are documented in Parish Records. The administration of the parish up until 1894 was the responsibility of the Parish Church - St Mary’s. The Local Government Act of that year changed all of that and introduced Parish and Town Councils and local government took over many of the roles of the church in the management of the parish.
Many of the ancient records of the parish have been deposited with Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies. Extensive work has been undertaken to transcribe much of this information, in particular the Parish Registers.
We shall publish information as it becomes available in this area of the website.
To access the records archive please click on the relevant section below.
St Mary’s Church - Parish Registers
Congregational Chapel Records
Braughing Parish Council
Parish Council Minutes 1894 to 1938