Operation Shield – to support the extremely vulnerable identified by the NHS
- The government has contacted the most extremely vulnerable in the country and asked them to register their need for support.
- 18,000 people are on the extremely vulnerable list in Hertfordshire. It is to be expected that a number of these people will have family/friends support in place. The details of those without support are being passed to HCC.
- Operation Shield’s remit is to get food and essential goods, and possibly medical supplies, to the extremely vulnerable without adequate support in place.
- HCC have identified ten locations across the council to act as storage and distribution centres.
- Hertford Theatre is one of the ten hubs; it was suggested by East Herts Council given its ease of access and size.
- The council is now working with HCC to make sure the Theatre can be used as soon as needed. Because this is such a fast-developing situation, HCC is not yet entirely clear when and in what way the Theatre will be used, however, we have given the assurance we can open it and staff it at very short notice.